What has changed
Effective September 30, 2015, the GNIB (Garda National Immigration Bureau) office in Dublin has implemented new changes with regards to the completion of GNIB registration appointments in Dublin. The aim of these measures is to address queue management at the Office in Dublin which has experienced extremely lengthy queues and delays in recent weeks. There will now be specific days you can visit the office depending on whether it is a first time application or renewal. Previously, all individuals (either new registrations or renewals) could register on any day of the week Monday to Friday.
Who is affected?
What to expect
- Individuals completing GNIB registration (new or renewals)
To help alleviate recent pressure due to volume of applicants for GNIB registration, the following measures have been implemented:
- New registrations will be handled on Monday and Tuesday only.
- Renewal of registrations will be handled Wednesday to Friday only.
- The GNIB has increased staff resources to manage persons seeking to register their immigration status in order to reduce the queuing time required to complete the registration process.
- An on-line booking system for re-entry visas is being finalized and will be introduced as soon as possible. We will provide more information as this progresses.
What you need to do
- Visits to the GNIB office must be planned according to the designated day for the type of registration.
- Contact your Emigra Worldwide attorney or representative for further details on how these updates may impact you or your client.
The information above was provided by Emigra Worldwide, our global network partners, and relevant government authorities. The information herein is for general purposes only and not intended as advice for a particular matter. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the global immigration professional with whom you work.
To sign up to receive Global Immigration eAlerts, CLICK HERE