What has changed
Effective July 26, 2015, Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone authorities (TECOM) have made changes to the medical test and Emirates Identity process for all applications. Applicants can now collect medical and Emirates Identity documents, complete their medical test and biometrics, and return the documents all at one location in DKV Block-12.
Previously, a TECOM representative courier would deliver the medical and Emirates ID registration forms to the office premises, after which the assignee had to complete the medicals and biometrics.
Who is affected?
What to expect
- All applicants whose company is set up in TECOM Free Zone
Effective July 26, 2015, applicants will follow a new process for completing medical test and Emirates ID registration.
- The assignee will receive a system triggered email notifying them to visit the AXS counter located within the Medical Centre in DKV Block-12 to collect the medical and Emirates ID registration forms.
- After collecting the documents, the assignee can proceed to the Medical Centre for medical test (if applicable) and complete biometrics for the Emirates ID; the tests can be conducted between 7:30 am and 2:00 pm, Sunday to Thursday.
- Once assignee completes the medical test and Emirates ID Biometrics, they can submit the original passport, Emirates ID receipt, and other required documents to the AXS counter in the Medical Centre for visa processing
The above process does not apply to student visas, the medical and Emirates ID process will continue unchanged.
What you need to do
- Emigra Worldwide can accompany the assignee to collect the forms and complete the medial and biometric process.
- Contact your Emigra Worldwide attorney or representative for further details on how these updates may impact you or your client.
The information above was provided by Emigra Worldwide, our global network partners, and relevant government authorities. The information herein is for general purposes only and not intended as advice for a particular matter. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the global immigration professional with whom you work.
To sign up to receive Global Immigration eAlerts, CLICK HERE