What is changing?
On December 7, the Expatriate Services Division (ESD) MYXpats Centre has advised that the ESD online system will be closed for maintenance from late evening (6 pm) on December 26, 2017 to January 1, 2018. The system will resume by 8 am on January 2 2018.
Who will be affected?
- All clients whose employees’ Malaysia Work/Residence permits are filed via the Expatriate Services Division (ESD)
What to Expect
During the closure, users will not be able to access the system for filing / monitoring the following online applications as listed below:
- ESD company registration
- 2018 Expatriate projection
- Employment Pass (EP)
- Dependant Pass (DP)
- Professional Visit Pass (PVP)
- Long Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP)
Applications for these processes should be filed as soon as possible if approval is to be obtained before December 26, 2018. Status updates for applications still in process after the downtime begins will not be available until January 2, 2018, when the system resumes normal processing.
The cutoff dates for physical transactions at ESD MYXpats Centre:
- December 19: Submission of Endorsement of EP, DP, LTSVP, and PVP to ensure completion by December 22.
- December 15: Submission of Residence Pass. Any application filed online via the RP-T online system after December 15 will only be processed after January 2 2018
- December 27: Submission of Transfer of Endorsement to new passport / Cancellation of EP/DP/LTSVP/PVP. Transfer of Endorsement must be completed before travel to avoid inconveniences at the departure and entry point.
What you need to do
- Emigra Worldwide can review the status of Malaysia cases for employees and advise on the implications and appropriate strategy given the upcoming ESD closure.
- Contact your Emigra Worldwide representative for further details on how these updates may impact you or your client.