What has changed
Malaysia’s Expatriate Services Division has now opened the system for filing new projections of expatriates required for the year 2016. Companies who are already registered to use the ESD portal can now file the 2016 projection. Processing time is five (5) to ten (10) working days from submission.
Please not that any unutilized projected numbers for 2015 cannot be carried forward.
Who is affected?
What to expect
- Companies registered to use the ESD portal
The details required for the 2016 projection include:
- Numbers required – When planning the number of expatriates for the 2016 projection, the company needs to account for the number of renewals which will be undertaken in the year as well as new applications which are expected to be filed. The total projected number will be the number of renewals plus new applications.
- The breakdown of numbers will be according to categories:
- Top Management – number of renewal and new
- Technical/Expert – number of renewal and new
- Middle Management – number of renewal and new
- Entry Level/Junior Management – number of renewal and new
- Justification for the numbers will be required – e.g. are there new projects, expansion of company’s activities etc.
- If numbers are required for projects, a copy of the project/service agreement may need to be uploaded with the request into the portal.
What you need to do
- To avoid delays filing EP applications in 2016, it is advisable that the company files the new projection in a timely manner.
- Contact your Emigra Worldwide attorney or representative for further details on how these updates may impact you or your client.
The information above was provided by Emigra Worldwide, our global network partners, and relevant government authorities. The information herein is for general purposes only and not intended as advice for a particular matter. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the global immigration professional with whom you work.